Sunday, January 19, 2014

A design idea - Table Decoration

I love to host dinners at home and nothing makes me more happy than a good dinner with friends and great wine...



But I'm also a control freak so I have to have everything organized way ahead.

Once I chose the guests and type of food, I immediately start creating the color palette for that specific night. I like to change and always offer something new and different.

People love the unexpected and I think that it totally set up the tone for the night.

This time I wanted to create a warm space with a touch of bright colors. Winter is really monochromatic so I thought that a variety of flowers could cheer up the cold spirit...


Red place mats and flowers
Trader Joe's usually has great variety of flowers at very affordable prices and this time I only bought one bouquet that I split in two different vases. 



For the table flower arrangement I used a tall and thin cylindrical vase that I usually use for floating candles. I thought that they would look more modern in this type of tall vase.





Hurricane vase, white candle and cut flowers
Following my new obsession of bringing some "spring spirit" during winter times, I decided to cover the bottom of the hurricane vase with flowers.

I cut the smallest flowers and only added two big bright pink daisy's on top.













































































Kitchen counter
I like guests to feel comfortable and be able to move around and pick what they prefer.

Opening your kitchen counter and placing glasses, plates, condiments, drinks, etc, give your guests the opportunity to easily mingle with other guests and it's a great way of keep things moving.



I always like to end up the night with some kind of small souvenir. This time I created a small pink box with some daily beauty products. The kind of gift that will always suit any kind of woman.

It's all about giving and showing your love!

Xoxo.












No comments:

Post a Comment