Sunday, January 12, 2014

Interview Series - Today: Rachel, a great makeup artist!

Today I'm so excited as I was able to interview one of the best makeup artists in Atlanta, Georgia.

I met Rachel from Brushworx when I was looking for a hair style and makeup artist for my wedding. As I'm not that good with my makeup I really needed to find the perfect makeup artist that would listen to "my fears" and that would work with me on my wedding day.

I'm so glad that I found her as she did not only made a fantastic job with me but also with the rest of the women at my wedding. Besides, they did not only loved her work but they were thrilled about her super sweet personality. If you want to have a relaxed and entertained session before your wedding then Rachel is for you too!


Rachel, what made you decide to become a makeup artist?
Ever since I was a child, I knew I wanted to be a hair stylist. As a toddler, I informed my Mom that I would be a "hair do-ist" when I grew up. As I got older, I was intrigued by the world of beauty. As a woman, I love the way it boosts our self confidence to put a little makeup on.



What is the best tip for a bride to keep in mind when choosing a wedding makeup style?
The best thing for a bride to keep in mind when choosing wedding makeup, is that she needs to feel like herself. You don't want to look like another person on your wedding day. That being said, you should feel more beautiful than ever on this day.  If you want your makeup to be similar to what you normally wear, but with a little added glamour, try some false lashes. These will really make your eyes "pop" and show up beautifully in photos. 



Which will be “the must do or have” at the First Trial Appointment?
The most important thing about your trial run, is being able to communicate to your makeup artist and hair stylist your vision for your wedding day hair and makeup. The best way to convey to your makeup artist what you are wanting, is to bring photos to your trial run. Bring a photo of how you usually wear your makeup, and one (or several) ideas for inspiration. Pinterest is a great place to find inspiration.


Is there any rule to pick your makeup palette if you are blonde or brunette? Or is it more based on your skin tone?
When choosing a makeup palette, you should take into consideration your skin tone, and eye color. Softer colors look better on fair skin tones, as it does not take a lot of color to show up on the skin. If you have a deeper skin tone, you want to stay with warmer tones, as cool tones (i.e. silver or grey) can look ashy on the skin. Neutrals are always a safe choice, and will never go out of style. 


Name your  4 “MUST HAVE” makeup items that every woman should have at her makeup bag.
Concealer, Bronzer, Mascara and lipstick. These items are absolutely essential in every woman's makeup bag!

Rachel Rozanski of Brushworx on Location Hair and Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment