Sunday, January 5, 2014

Where is the sun?

I miss the sun.
I miss summer time.
I miss having a "healthy golden" color on my skin...

I've just got the Victoria's Secret Catalogue and after reading it I was convinced that I totally looked like I have been hibernating for over a year!


I decided that I would not give up my dream of looking less pale and I was determined to find any healthy way of giving my skin "some" kind of color.

I do not trust self-tanners (...yet!) and I definitely don't like tanning salons.

So the quicker option was to create some kind of tan color with makeup and I found these magnificent duo at Bed, Bath & Beyond:

Bronze Booster by Physicians Formula (shade: light to medium)



Maybelline lipstick (Nr. 300 Warm Latte)


I really liked its creamy texture and golden hints. It totally reminded me of summer time. Both products combined were able to take out the "super pale white/grayish" color from my face.

I really recommend both as an easy fix in winter times.

Now if you really want to go over the top, add the Victoria's Secret Rockin' Body Shimmer Powder on your neck and upper chest. It really rocks! 


Be careful! Too much of this stuff and you would look too tan.

Last but not least, I wanted to complete my "fake" tan look with a pretty pink lip gloss and I bought the Marvelous Moxie Lip gloss by Bare Minerals.

Guess what? It did not work for me. 

As soon as I tried it on, I started feeling a tingling sensation on my lips and after a few seconds my inner lips were totally burned!

Yes! burned...

So I went back to Macy's and immediately returned the product. I later found out that this line of lip gloss had some ingredient that made your lips looked fuller (?...)

Well I certainly did not need that. It might work on other women but it did not work well on me. 

Sometimes makeup technology can go too far.

I insist. I miss the sun!

Xoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment