Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Skin-friendly products

Do you have sensitive skin like me?

If the answer is "No" you are a blessed woman!

If the answer is "Yes" you probably need extra care when choosing your skin products.

My mom always told me that I need to "invest" on a good skin care routine because unfortunately as we age things get really worse...So true!

These are my own general skin principles (please note that I'm not a dermatologist):

I buy skin friendly products/makeup that only have a few ingredients and little or no fragrance at all. Though if the fragrance is so good that I can't resist it like Philosophy Pure Grace then I try them either way and if it does not trigger any allergies I add it to my list.




I avoid products that contain alcohol and antibacterial formulas.

I keep my makeup bag as clean as I could as dirt usually triggers all kinds of allergies.

I always throw away any makeup that I have used for almost a year.

So based on my "trial & error" journey I stick to the following products:

Aveeno  Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  Fair to Light.




Clinique Facial Soup for sensitive skin.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Scrub, for a deep cleanse every other day.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly that I use to nourish my lips and also to remove mascara from my eyes.

Eucerin Anti-Wrinkle Lotion which I use as a night lotion for my whole face.

Aveeno Positevily Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads  that I use only once a week.

Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer with 15 SPF.


After so many years of spending too much money on hundreds of different products I may say that the above mentioned products do not irritate my skin and in fact are all very gentle.

I based my daily routine on very affordable products but sometimes I like to splurge on some Dior or Chanel makeup too.


They are actually really good and they always have that kind of "satin" finish that certainly makes me feel that I'm giving myself a treat.

So do you splurge on makeup?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment