Sunday, December 29, 2013

Loving the Moroccan and Argan oils

I know it sounds weird but oils are great for your skin and hair. Going back in time even Cleopatra was using oils for her skin and it seems that she was pretty famous for that.

While growing up I've never been the type of girl that liked to wear oils on my body, except during summer time when I used to bath in the traditional Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil...
 
Back then I thought that oils were too greasy to use them on my skin every day. Of course, I did not know then much about taking good care of my skin. But once you hit your forties birthday, you become as dry as a cactus plant!
 
 
 
 
Four years ago I started going to a hair salon where they sold Moroccan Oil Treatment
(http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/moroccanoilr-treatment-219) and I tried it and since then I could not quit using it.


Though this product is kind of expensive I buy it once a year and the good thing about it is that you could go a long way with one or two drops. It's a conditioning, styling and finishing tool that you use only on your ends and never on your roots of your hair. This product is a great year round investment!
 
Two years ago I discovered another oil from Morocco that is sold by Josie Maran  (http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/shop/pure-argan-oil/)
 
This liquid oil is actually 100% pure Argan Oil. It is extracted from the nut of the Argan trees that grow in the Moroccan desert and it is fully packed with Vitamin E. It has no fragrances nor preservatives.
 
 
I usually order their travel size as it really lasts for a long time and it's less expensive. I mix 2 drops with my body lotion and I apply it on my arms, shoulders and chest after I finish taking my shower at night. It is instantly absorbed by your skin and it is a great way of nourishing it while sleeping.

I know you might be thinking that you would never put oil on your skin but trust me, if you just add a drop of two, or you mix it with your favorite lotion you will not breakout nor your skin will look greasy at all.
 
Oils are also highly recommended by dermatologists and I'm sure they can't all be wrong. Like anything in life it is a learning process.
 
Learning about your own skin and how it ages is a personal journey I hope you are enjoying yours!!!
 
Are you already using oils? Let me know which is your favorite.

XoXo....





No comments:

Post a Comment